Thank goodness I didn't make writing in my blog regularly a 2011 resolution because I can tell I would be languishing under a pile of guilt and shame already, just three days in.
It's been 8 days since my last post. I had wanted to bring everybody up to speed quickly. Apparently, I don't know what the word means anymore... So I think I'll do this another way since my life could be changing drastically any day now.
Here's 2010 - the hyper abridged version.
After grad school diversion, went on silent retreat w/ church in early January.
Got lots of good revelations, including that I was going to do big things in 2010.
Little did I know that in just a month, "big" meant I would be enrolled in foster parent classes at Buckner.
This came about after I decided I did not want to satisfy my recurring and overwhelming urge to take care of something living with another dog. I was 43 and did not want my rapidly shrinking window of opportunity to be a (relatively) young energetic parent to slip away completely. I found out my fear of never being a mom was greater than my fear of raising kids by myself. One good, loving parent is better than two self-absorbed, abusive or neglectful ones. The husband will come later.
Just to make things more interesting (and complicated), I also decided to put my townhouse on the market in April. Thought I would need more room and a yard. At this time there were still incentives for people to buy.
I visited a friend's Sunday night fellowship group one time in May and received all kinds of confirmation I was doing the right thing after four complete strangers prophesied over me. One saw me dancing in a locked garden with children and God. Another said I would be doing something most people would call crazy. The third said I would have God's provision. And the last said "Go. Now is the time to move." and gave me the verse James 1:27 - "Religion that God our Father considers pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress..." They couldn't have been any more spot on if they knew me!
Finished foster parent classes in May, but postponed receiving placement until my house sold.
When my house still hadn't sold by Sept. (though I did have an offer I declined and wish I'd taken now), I started to move forward with receiving a placement anyway.
About this time JCP catalog work went away and I didn't try to move somewhere else in the company. A year there was enough. Needless to say income took a big hit. So I held off on taking in a child again.
Work starts to pick up again in November (finally) so I have Buckner come finish my final home study.
They tell me I could get my license before Christmas and could possibly get a placement too. However, general holiday mayhem at Buckner keeps that from happening.
Last week I finally received word I'm officially licensed with the state and today I told them to put my house on the list to receive placements. My home is a foster home!
I still don't know what to do about the house thing, but I'll keep praying. God knows exactly what I need and when.
Sorry if that was a bit disjointed and not a good read. In my defense, I did cover a whole year in a wicked small number of words. I promise the next posts will be much better. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment