I know. I know. "She hasn't posted an entry since May, so why now?" you're probably asking yourself.
The honest answer is because I have no choice. I am a prisoner of my circumstances. Today is my first day as a contractor at JCPenney and they have no work for me to do yet, nor have they trained me. And not only that but this place has firewalls out the yingyang. All the sites I normally frequent at home to keep me entertained are off limits thanks to "SurfControl." Criminy!
Out of curiosity, I checked to see if I could get in here. Not sure why any URL with "blogspot" in it isn't banned as non-work-related, but it isn't. So out of sheer desperation, I am now blogging to pass the time.
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. This is going to be an excruciatingly slow 8 hour day. So far I've gotten my security access badge, been introduced to a few people and heated my lunch. Is it really only 1:39 p.m.? Kill. Me. Now. Well, at least I'm getting paid.
So guess you want to know where I've been the past few months. I think I mentioned in my last post that if I was not writing here, it was because I was writing elsewhere, and thus, had a legitimate outlet for my pent-up words. That was indeed the case.
I had a steadily busy May and June working on projects with a couple of small agencies or directly with marketers. I've written website, print, radio and video copy and saw the latter two through to production. A nice variety of work. Enough money to keep me going. I've really enjoyed it. (And yes, I wish I'd done this sooner.)
July was starting to look a little slow when I received a call from a creative recruiter asking if I'd be interested in some contract work with a "large, locally based, value-driven national fashion and hard goods retailer." Didn't take much sleuthing to figure out who they were talking about.
I actually have a lot to report about "following the pillars." I've been told by another contractor that I'll have many more windows of down time, so I'll tackle the catchup a little at a time.
TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment