
It's been a long time since my last post. As I mentioned at the end of "Excuse Me, Please," if I'm not writing here (which I might add, no one is paying me to do -- you get all this quality copy for free), it's because someone is PAYING me to write elsewhere. At least theoretically. I have yet to see money, but have been told a check is coming Wednesday for my first completed project.
Here's a rundown of recent job opps:
The people whose brochure and video script I just finished want me to work on their new website and another brochure.
Was invited to participate in a new business pitch (with the Black Lab guys I mentioned in "Write from Wrong") for a local government organization's site. Getting paid for that is contingent on winning the biz, but still it's fun to be part of and it's gotten me out of the house and around people.
Had the chance to visit with someone last night at a party for my yoga class and they gave me their card and told me to call them about doing some radio for their landscaping biz. We've contorted our bodies and sweated our asses off next to each other twice a week for almost a year and never knew what the other did. Now this!
Another large national agency called today to see if I could come in for two 40-hr. weeks (and possibly more) to help them get caught up. Offered a flat fee. Not what I was going to ask for, but nothing to sneeze at.
And a former coworker who started his own agency replied today to an email I'd sent over the weekend, saying to come into their offices this week to talk - they outsource writing all the time.
Yippy Skippy! Life is good and God is good!
We finished up the study in Exodus last week, and it's been so amazing the parallels going on in the lessons there and what's been going on with me. I've been looking to God, "following the pillars" and I feel like I am entering the Promised Land. At least as close as I'll ever get this side of heaven. I never in a million years would have thought I would be in business for myself. But then again, I never thought I'd have a nice, long, fulfilling corporate career, own my own home, run a marathon, climb a 14k+ mountain, go half way around the world, etc. etc.
And as if that's not enough, today I received in the mail a check from the family whose son I watched last week for four nights, and they overpaid me $200. When I told her she paid more than we agreed to, she said keep it - it was worth the peace of mind.
Blessings left and right, I tell you!
So, it sounds like things are going well for you and by next year you will definitely be able to pay for the Guatemala trip...Just wont be the same without you this year!!
ReplyDelete