Sunday, March 29, 2009

Forecast - Partly Busy with a Chance of Work

Meeting with Christine tomorrow who has started an e-info site for Moms in Dallas. She wants someone to fill in content holes and give overall feedback on the look of the site and any usability thoughts.

Also having lunch with Betsy (my old BSF leader) who has about a year of freelancing on me. She's a designer. We've kept in touch over the years, but it will be nice to start seeing her again and networking together in this arena.

Then calling a guy who contacted me over the weekend about my rates and availability. Very exciting. Could be my first client!

It's kind of nerve racking setting rates. I don't want to under- or overprice myself, but I do have 15 years experience at two very reputable companies and I'm a very clean writer (that comes from 5 years of editing prior to the 15). Guess I'll just throw something out and either I'll get the biz or I won't. And I'll learn as I go.

Having lunch with Harley on Tuesday. We used to work together and he said his agency might need some contract writers (that would be for the life of a project which can be 3-6 months).

Then I have those 12 names the guy from Black Lab sent me. So I'm not at a loss for leads right now! I just have to structure my days so I feel productive.

That's all for now. I'm off to read more book (Pillars of the Earth) for Book Club tomorrow night - I'm hosting. It's an excellent book, but probably the longest one I've ever read. You should borrow mine when I'm done.

Have a lovely Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment