Friday, March 13, 2009

Job Search

I applied for my first job today!

It's a web content and e-marketing communications specialist position at the Cooper Institute (part of the Cooper Aerobics Center). I have a lot of the qualifications they're looking for, but I think their list is a little overly ambitious.

They want someone who can write articles, update website content and handle media inquiries (which I have experience with), as well as program in Flash, monitor firewalls and a few other more IT/developer related duties (which I have no experience with). Just not sure they're going to find all that in one person unless it's perhaps someone who had their own shop and did everything. Even then, they probably only do one or the other very well.

Downside: the pay is about $25k less than I was making ($40k less if you count bonus and profit sharing). I had it pretty good! Wish I'd saved a lot more.

Upside: I'm already a member there and am very interested in fitness and nutrition. I'd get a free membership plus a couple of other cool perks.

I hope this goes the way of my last job change. When I was still at Neimans, I applied for the job at TRG and got it. It was the only one I applied and interviewed for. Got it after only two interviews. Wouldn't that be something?!

Not much else to report. Tomorrow doing a service project at the Food Bank with my small group. Then I start a housesitting gig on Sunday for a week.

Plan to start looking for some freelance writing opportunities on Monday.

That is all. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment