So this was going to be a blog chronicling God's faithfulness in my current unemployed state and my life in general. And it still is. But I've had a change of heart about my approach. (If you think you might have read something else here before, you really should stop drinking during the day.) Even though I try very hard to just tell a factual story about what happened to me, I think it still ends up being skewed. (I could never be a journalist!)
So because I don't want to portray even a hint of sour grapes, I'm starting over.
Hi, I'm Victoria. And this is my blog.
Tomorrow is the one-week anniversary of my unemployement. It has gone by very quickly and I have little to show for it.
I have not made it out of my pajamas before noon once.
I went two 1/2 days without showering before really realizing I had done so.
But the good news is I am not depressed.
I actually danced out of bed yesterday.*
I have worked out twice.
I haven't eaten a whole bag of anything in one sitting.
I haven't cried since Saturday.
I haven't polished off copious amounts of box wine.
I'm just going easy on myself and getting used to this new life.
After 20 years of consecutive employment, I can go to the gym in the middle of the day, run an errand when it needs to be run, make a personal call, piddle on Facebook for hours at a time -- and not feel guilty about any of it. It's quite liberating actually.
How did I not do this before?
* I figured out later this was the exact time the prayer group at work was praying for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment