
The hokey pokey is NOT what it's all about. But what I'm doing right now is. :o)
It's Friday night at 7:30 and I've been in my PJs since 6:45. My friend Margaret and her husband left for Mexico this afternoon and I'm at their home in Houston staying with their kids. All three little angels are upstairs asleep and I'm enjoying the quiet - except for the occasional growl or kick the dog is making in his doggy dreams.
To me this is the good life.
I actually had quite the busy week and have not had any time to blog. So I'll catch you up real quick. Some of it does pertain to the job search (I've eliminated something I thought I was interested in) if you'll bear with me through the rehash of the last couple days.
Tuesday I helped my friend Rae Ann with her two prekindergarten classes from 8:30-1:30. Then I went and picked up Terecka (my Little Sister) from the Job Corps program (in McKinney) and helped her move all her stuff home (to West Dallas). Then I walked a friend's dog in East Dallas. Then I went to Bible Study. And then I crashed.
Wednesday I walked the dog in East Dallas again, then helped my friend Anne who is director of the Parents Day Out program at Good Shepherd. They needed a sub so I worked with the Ducks (3-year olds) from 9-2. Then I went to my friend Pam's house to stay with her little boy Nate (my new boyfriend) from 2:30-5:30. Then I went to my small group. And then I crashed.
Thursday I got up early and paid bills and worked out and packed and hit the road for Houston. When I got here it was right about dinner time so I got the rundown on that and on bedtime/bathtime from Margaret.
Then today, we took the girls to school so I could see where they go and how to get them to their classes, etc. After we dropped them off we decorated for the Dad's Hoedown at the school, which Margaret was chairing. We ran some errands and she showed me where some key places were (pediatrician, grocery, etc.) and then got dressed for the Hoedown and went back to school. Then we ran more errands and went home so she could finish packing.
Her life is so crazy! I don't know how she does it.
But she emailed me from the plane that they had been upgraded to first class and she was on her second drink and feeling sooooo relaaaaaxed. She is exhausted from the last week and said she was so looking forward to catching up on sleep. I'm so glad she trusts me that much with her kids that she can let go like that.
This is good for me too. Since I'm not married, nor do I have kids, this is a nice taste of it (the kids part, not the married part). I find it very satisfying (though tiring and trying), and look forward to having all this myself one day soon, even though it will have to be someone else's kids.
Ah yes, back to how anything I've just said pertains to my job search. I think I've ruled out teaching as my next career. It just didn't really do anything for me like I'd hoped it would. I couldn't see myself doing it every day. Though I have a HUGE appreciation for people that do. There's something about the structure and the repetition every day that I think I want to get away from. I've had a lot of that over the past 20 years. I'm not sure I could even see myself in an office again.
I believe because God has gifted me with certain talents and abilities, when I start using them, I'll be really excited and motivated. (Like I was doing advertising at first.) And He is moving me towards that right now. Teaching just wasn't it. But I wouldn't have known it if I hadn't tried it.
So I'll keep my antennae up and keep searching. Only not tonight. It's 8:53 and I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is the first day of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and we've got big plans!
No comments:
Post a Comment