Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We Interrupt This Program

So I'm blogging from the laundry room. The civil defense sirens are going off and there is a tornado watch in effect.

Damn! It's tight in here. I'm sitting modified-Indian style on the hard tile floor in the space between the washer and dryer -- about 2 1/2 feet wide. It's very loud out there. I've got Facebook open in one tab, and the weather in another. The report said the storms should hit Dallas at 9:45. Check! It's 9:47. It also says:

"Severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes with little or no warning.
This storm has a history of producing destructive winds and large
damaging hail. Seek shelter now inside a sturdy structure and stay
away from windows!"

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

I hear hail now. Hope this blows through quickly. I'm very uncomfortable.

Let's see. What can I talk about? The weather? Bwahahaha.

Great - now my internet is down. What if this turns out to be my last post? Ever! What if in a split second the roof is ripped off and I'm sucked out into the swirling vortex? What if they find my laptop over in the neighbor's yard next to a child's shoe?

I should leave instructions:

My internet was down. Please click "Publish Post" to share my last words.

Here are my last words:
I love you all (all two of you who read this blog). I've had a great life. I'm sad I never got to find a new job. I guess where I'm going I can find work as a harpist or a gold street sweeper. All that marketing experience, down the drain...

Hey! It's getting quieter. I'm gonna have a look-see.

I've moved to the couch. Got the weather on. Looks like it's moved north, but there's still a tornado watch until 5 a.m... 5 a.m.! Guess I'll have to sleep with one eye open.

Do you like this play-by-play? I think this technically qualifies me as an iReporter, huh?

I'm going to make the call that it's safe to begin getting ready for bed.

Thank you for staying with me through this harrowing experience. I really appreciate it. You're a devoted Follower and I hope I can return the --

Damn! I was just about to publish and the frickin' sirens are going off again!

Oh well. When it's your time to go, it's your time to go. And it's my time to go - to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment