Friday, February 13, 2009

Heart Healthy

This life of leisure is dangerous!

I didn't mean to not post for three days, but my calendar got full and before I knew it, it was Friday afternoon.

Of course, most of the things I've been doing have been completely unrelated to job searching. With the exception of yesterday, when I filled out paperwork for a substitute caregiver position at the Parent's Day Out program where my friend is the director. I hope she doesn't discover all about my sordid past when she runs the background check!

She gave me a tour of the classes and that really got my heart going. Seeing the sweet little faces and how "simple" the days are in their world. Color, count, snack, nap, potty, etc. "Stress" is cleaning up a spill or preventing a total meltdown. So far from the ridiculous deadlines and the constant subjective feedback (both good and bad) about my writing. 20 straight years of that! I don't miss it at all.

Then I babysat for another friend's kids last night. I fed them dinner, played tag, quizzed them on spelling, played Twister, painted fingernails, read bedtime stories... that was so fulfilling! And I've got a lot more lined up. God has been so good in providing me with that kind of work. I think He's meeting the needs of my heart until something/someone permanent comes along. I like that idea so much! I have a lot of love to give.

I've been looking at marketing related positions people have been kind enough to pass along, and I have to say they do nothing for me now. I just don't think that's where my next gig will be.

I crunched some numbers and figured out if I didn't change a thing about my expenses (which of course, I'm going to cut back in some areas), I could stay here comfortably for six months. (That's not even counting on collecting unemployment) That gives me time to figure out the next thing. I'm so grateful for that! Five years ago, I would have been out on the street tomorrow. That's how in the hole I was. God knew all this before I did though, and helped me get in a position to be prepared. He is faithful!

Anyway, I'm off now to hang out with my little sister Terecka. I will try to post again tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment