
My friend Lisa left me a message while I was napping (because I'm very tired from the morning's manual labor) that last night she dreamed I found a way to earn money by going on a game show. If you know of any with contestant tryouts in the area coming up, please pass that info along. I'm smarter than a fifth grader and if the price is right, I've always wanted to be a millionaire!
Also my BFF Margaret continues to prove herself worthy of that title. She calls me every single day - often multiple times a day - since I got "set free" (that's my new positive euphemism for it) to check on me, and offer encouragement and possible employment opps. Mostly with her family. She's begun creating excuses to go OOT so I can go to Houston and watch her kids. (Sorry, Thad, that my loss is now your loss. But hey, it's probably more nookie opps for you. You're welcome.)
She also told me about a friend starting a business who might want to "consult" with me on website stuff. Then, she said, I could put "consultant" on my resume. I've never considered that career path. I started thinking how easy it would be to justify calling myself one.
"Hey Victoria. I'm starting a business. And I know you used to do something with that series of tubes. Do you think I should use them to my advantage somehow?"
"Yes."
Bam! I've just consulted. Ergo, I'm a consultant. And I didn't have to send away for the $29.95 "How To Be a Consultant" manual or mess with an expensive advanced degree. I just shared my humble (but highly sought after) opinion to benefit my fellow woman.
BRB. I'm off to Fed Ex/Kinko's to order business cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment